Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.

I found a newborn

Customer Question

hello, I found a newborn kitten three days ago. Doesn't have it's eyes open yet, I have been feeding formula and making sure to rub it's bottom with a warm wet rag. It was eating well and didn't seem to have trouble relieving itself. All of a sudden after being strong and active all day he is limp, and crying with his mouth open. is he dying?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The noise must be worrying. I'll connect you to the Veterinarian. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the kitten?
Customer: sorry, I don't have a lot to offer for background on it and tried to find the mother but no one claimed it and stated that most cats in their area are strays. I took him out of the road to save him but I fear I have only lessened his chance at survival. I got pretty attached and my husband and daughter as well.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: is there anything I can do?
Category: Cat
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 5 months ago.
Hello and thank you for your question. I am a Veterinary Nurse with over 15 years experience and I have assisted in the care of many pets with this particular medical concern. It would be my pleasure to assist you today. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about this little one?1) How has he been eating? 2) What formula are you feeding? 3) How often are you feeding? 4) How much is he eating per sitting? 5) When was his last meal? Has he turned down food?6) When was his last bowel movement?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
he was eating good, I was hopeful since he was eating so well.
I used a recipe of evaporated milk, egg yolk and water.
I have been trying to to feed anywhere between 1 and 2 hours.
he eats about 1.875 ML at a time, sometimes more.
his last meal was about 6 hrs ago, since then he won't take the bottle.
he last had a bowl movement tonight and also earlier in the day a couple times.
I thought all these things should be optimistic but there is something definitly wrong.
He is suddenly unresponsive. I think he is dying can you please help asap?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I'm still here. Thank you for your response. I'll type out a response for you and should have it posted within the next 5 minutes.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
he just died, please I need to cancel this service
I'm so sorry to hear. I have contacted customer service for you.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
thank you
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Please refund ASAP!! the kitten died before I even got a response. If you intend to charge me the fee I paid I will contest it with my bank. Please let me know the outcome of this situation.