Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.
437368

My 19 year old cat has been throwing up clear liquids every

Customer Question

My 19 year old cat has been throwing up clear liquids every day for quite a while now..... Months, what could be the problem?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the cat eat anything unusual?
Customer: No, nothing she hasn't been eating for the past 19 years
JA: OK. The Veterinarian will know what to do. What is the cat's name?
Customer: Flip
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Flip?
Customer: Other than her throwing up and the fact that she is almost 20, she seems good. Of course she sleeps a lot.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cat
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 10 months ago.
Hello and thank you for your question. It appears that the Expert you were hoping to speak with is not currently available. I have stepped in to assist you in their absence so that you have a prompt reply to your question. If you would rather wait for the Expert you had originally contacted, just let me know. Otherwise, I’ll be happy to assist you today. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?1) When was the last time that Flip had blood work run? Was her thyroid checked at that time? Do you have a copy to share? 2) Any weight loss? 3) How is her appetite? 4) Does she ever vomit up food?