Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.

One of my cats was just diagnosed with small cell lymphoma

Customer Question

One of my cats was just diagnosed with small cell lymphoma in his intestines and has been started on Leukeran and Prednisolone. I know to use gloves while giving the pills and scooping the litter boxes. Is it safe for my other cats to share the same litter boxes?? Just want to make sure please.
Category: Cat
Expert:  Terri replied 5 months ago.
Hi Susan,I am so sorry your boy is ill.Are you concerned about the effects of Leukeran on the other cats?Thank you,Terri
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I'm concerned about them all using the same litter box since I'm to use gloves to scoop.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
And thank you. :)
Expert:  Terri replied 5 months ago.
Dear *****,You are more than welcome. It is my pleasure to help such a wonderful person.You were told to wear gloves because Leukeran can suppress the immune systemAs long as there are no pregnant or nursing cats, or otherwise ill animals, the other kitties should be fine using the same litter boxes.Here is info on that medication: let me know how your boy is doing.Best wishes and prayers for him,Terri
Expert:  Terri replied 5 months ago.
Hello,I am so sorry Crew cut is not feeling well.May I please have some more information?You say the the third eyelids are out, is that correct?
Expert:  Terri replied 5 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?