Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.

She has a small bald red patch on her belly like a rash or

Customer Question

She has a small bald red patch on her belly like a rash or surface wound that she keeps licking
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Is the cat bleeding a lot?
Customer: No i dont think it bleeds,
JA: Phew. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: Domestic short hair, she is 5
JA: What is the cat's name?
Customer: Tootsy
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Toothy?
Customer: I dont think so?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cat
Expert:  Terri replied 5 months ago.
Hello,I am sorry you are concerned about Tootsie.This red patch is most likely an irritation she is licking to relieve discomfort. can apply raw honey to any sore or irritated areas. It is a remarkable healing agent: let me know if this helps Tootsie feel better soon.Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback; that is the only way I receive credit for my assistance. Thank you very much!Providing a positive rating will not end our conversation, should you need me for any follow-up. Simply click 'Reply' for clarification or additional information, if needed, at no additional charge.Kind regards,Terri
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Really? Is there not too much sugar in honey?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
And if she likes it will it not encourage her to keep licking it?
Expert:  Terri replied 5 months ago.
You do not need to worry about the natural sugar in honey unless Tootsie is diabetic.It is safe and healthy to lick plus it will heal that red sore in a few days.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok thanks, ***** ***** try that!
Expert:  Terri replied 5 months ago.
You are more than welcome. It is my pleasure to help such a wonderful person!Tootsie is VERY lucky to have YOU!
Expert:  Terri replied 5 months ago.
Hello,I am sorry you are worried.May I please have some more information?How old is she?What and when did she eat last?Is she the type to chew plants or non food items?How long are you feeling this lump?Thanks,Terri
Expert:  Terri replied 5 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?