Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.

4 week old kitten urine smells like fish JA: I'm sorry to

Customer Question

4 week old kitten urine smells like fish
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the cat's name?
Customer: I rescued 4 stray kittens 3 weeks ago and one died today
JA: The Veterinarian will not be able resurrect the kitten. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the kitten?
Customer: Yes why does their urine smell fishy
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cat
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The other two kittens have to be feed with a feeding syringe as well
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 6 months ago.
Hello and thank you for your question. It appears that the Expert you were hoping to speak with is not currently available. I have stepped in to assist you in their absence so that you have a prompt reply to your question. If you would rather wait for the Expert you had originally contacted, just let me know. Otherwise, I’ll be happy to assist you today. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?1) What food are you feeding the kittens? 2) Any blood in their urine? 3) Do any of the other kittens have fishy smelling urine?