Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.
437368

Actually my cat , Mia, died after 1 1/2 weeks at my Vets clinic. JA:

Customer Question

Actually my cat , Mia, died after 1 1/2 weeks at my Vets clinic.
JA: I'm sorry that Mia, Died After 1 1/2 Weeks At My Vets Clinic is feeling poorly. What is the matter with Mia, Died After 1 1/2 Weeks At My Vets Clinic?
Customer: I guess what I really need to ask you is there a Veterinary website to ask such technical questions. This will not be easy since a post mortem was done and nothing obvious was found.
JA: Where does Mia, Died After 1 1/2 Weeks At My Vets Clinic seem to hurt?
Customer: are you even listening?
JA: No. I'm the Veterinarian's Assistant.
Customer: So do you relay these answers to the vet?
JA: Can you see anything that looks wrong or different?
Customer: MY CAT IS DEAD__HELLO!!!!
JA: The Veterinarian will not be able resurrect Mia, Died After 1 1/2 Weeks At My Vets Clinic. How old is Mia, Died After 1 1/2 Weeks At My Vets Clinic?
Customer: I am not looking for snide remarks, but some idea of what might have caused her death, when nothing in the post mortem shed any light on the cause.
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Mia, Died After 1 1/2 Weeks At My Vets Clinic?
Customer: Yes, Mia was hospitalized with IV fluids and feeding tube I week prior to her death. She had been vomiting and had a history of Pancreatitis, IBD ,Asthma, Allergic Bronchitis, ans her teeth were removed 8 years ago due to Stomatitis.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cat
Expert:  Terri replied 7 months ago.
Hello,I am so sorry for your tragic loss of dear Mia. It's heartbreaking!Can I please have more information?How old was she?What was her diagnosis and symptoms when she was in hospital?What medications was she given?Did the attending vet give you daily updates on her condition?Thank you,Terri