Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.
437368

It's a older thin cat . I feed it dry and moist food twice

Customer Question

It's a older thin cat . I feed it dry and moist food twice a day. The cats been spitting up and the stomach been growling a lot. Sometimes the cat gives out a loud meow. The cats hair been getting in clump lately as well.
JA: IÂ’m sorry to hear that. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: Clio it about 20 years human years
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Clio?
Customer: Not that I know of
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cat
Expert:  Terri replied 9 months ago.
Hello,Bless you for taking such awesome care of Clio that she has reached 20! I suggest you stop all dry food and feed her wet only. It is easier on her sensitive tummy.Feed her small meals a few times a day instead of any larger ones.Add one quarter of a ten mg pepcid (famotidiine) every 12 hours. I usually add it to a tablespoon of chicken baby foodwith no onion or garlic http://www.1800petmeds.com/Famotidine-prod11171.html That should stop the vomiting and growling.Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback; that is the only way I receive credit for my assistance. Thank you very much!Providing a positive rating will not end our conversation, should you need me for any follow-up. Simply click 'Reply' for clarification or additional information, if needed, at no additional charge.Kind regards,'Terri
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thank you very much for getting back to me in a timely manner. I will try that and get back to you.
Expert:  Terri replied 9 months ago.
You are more than welcome. It was my pleasure to help such a wonderful person!Feeding her small, frequent meals will help put weight on because it is the best way for her body to metabolize calories.stick to pate wet food, nothing with shreds, chunks or pieces.When they get to that age, they often stop grooming so that would account for the clumpy fur.You can wipe her down twice a day with a warm, damp cloth.Hyperthyroid is also possible:http://blog.petmeds.com/pet-pharmacy/cats-suffer-in-silence-hyperthyroidism/It is treatable with medication and a food made by hills called Y/DAdd salmon oil to her food to prevent dry skin:http://www.petco.com/product/109074/Wild-Alaskan-Salmon-Oil-Cat-Food-Supplement.aspxPlease let me know how she is doing. If you have more questions, I will always be here for you.Terri
Expert:  Terri replied 9 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Terri