Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.
437368

My 18 year old cat has been acting strange at night ( mainly

Customer Question

My 18 year old cat has been acting strange at night ( mainly last night) she got extremely clingy, stated in the bedroom with me and the door closed ( hates doors closed) was pacing, wandering, staring, going into corners then would lay with me and put her paw on my hand. She also appeared to have fits
JA: IÂ’m sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help the cat. What is the cat's name?
Customer: Tabitha. She just got checked two months ago and ( like the last two visits) she just has abnormal kidney function but not serious
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Tabitha?
Customer: I don't want to stress her out by taking her to the vet if I can avoid it. She just gets very stressed
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cat
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 10 months ago.
Hello and thank you for your question. It appears that the Expert you were hoping to speak with is not currently available. I have stepped in to assist you in their absence so that you have a prompt reply to your question. If you would rather wait for the Expert you had originally contacted, just let me know. Otherwise, I’ll be happy to assist you today. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?1) Do you happen to have a copy of the lab work available to view? 2) Was her thyroid function checked at that time? 3) Describe the fits you're seeing, please.