Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.

My female cat woke up meow with a deep voice and began to walk

Customer Question

My female cat woke up meow with a deep voice and began to walk backward, which she never did before. What could case that?

JA: IÂ’m sorry to hear that. Did the cat have a fall?
Customer: no

JA: The Veterinarian will know what to do. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: Ziva 5 yrs old female

JA: Anything else I can tell the Veterinarian before I connect you two?
Customer: she's eating now, hope it was a nightmare

JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Cat
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 6 months ago.
Hello and thank you for your question. It appears that the Expert you were hoping to speak with is not currently available. I have stepped in to assist you in their absence so that you have a prompt reply to your question. If you would rather wait for the Expert you had originally contacted, just let me know. Otherwise, I’ll be happy to assist you today. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?1) Is she using all of her limps? 2) Was this an episode or are the symptoms persistent? 3) When did this begin?