Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.
437368

MY FEMALE LILAC POINT IS 13YRS OLD. SHE HAS JUST COME BACK

Customer Question

MY FEMALE LILAC POINT IS 13YRS OLD. SHE HAS JUST COME BACK FROM THE CATTERY AFTER BEING THERE FOR A MONTH AS i WAS AWAY ON HOLIDAY. SHE APPEARS TO BE CONSTIPATED PASSING VERY LITTLE POO AND IT IS HARD SHE IS NOT USING HER TRAY DURING THE DAY JUST DURING THE NIGHT. i AM WORRIED ABOUT HER
JA: IÂ’m sorry to hear that. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the cat?
Customer: No. she is up to date with vacinations. I did change her food a few months ago from cooked fish to packets of Sheba which she seemed to enjoy but I have put her back on cooked fish in the past few days. She has stayed at the same cattery for a couple of years now while I am away but this was the longest stay she had.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cat
Expert:  Terri replied 7 months ago.
Hello,I am sorry your girl is having some trouble. She may have missed you so much she did not eat well at the cattery.Fish is great but it can be a bit binding.Give her one to two ounces of whole milk right away. It is natural laxative that should produce stool within two hours. Warm it at least to room temp. Cats don't like it cold.Return her to alternating fish and Sheba after she has a bowel movement.Please let me know how she is doing.Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback; that is the only way I receive credit for my assistance. Thank you very much!Providing a positive rating will not end our conversation, should you need me for any follow-up. Simply click 'Reply' for clarification or additional information, if needed, at no additional charge.Kind regards,Terri