Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.
437368

I just shampooed my cat with De Flea JA: IÂ'm sorry

Customer Question

Hello - I just shampooed my cat with De Flea
JA: IÂ’m sorry to hear that. Using the wrong medication for fleas can be dangerous. You should definitely talk to the Veterinarian. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: Miss Bits, 7 years old
JA: Anything else I can tell the Veterinarian before I connect you two?
Customer: that's all.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Cat
Expert:  Terri replied 7 months ago.
Hello,I am sorry you are worried about Miss Bits. If the flea product was not for cats or she is having a bad reaction to it just use blue dawn (or any dish soap) to wash it off.Once you remove it she should be fine.I looked this product up and it IS SAFE for cats:http://www.petco.com/shop/en/petcostore/natural-chemistry-de-flea-pet-shampooIt is best to use a monthly like advantage or frontline so you never have to bathe her.Please let me know how she is doing.Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback; that is the only way I receive credit for my assistance. Thank you very much!Providing a positive rating will not end our conversation, should you need me for any follow-up. Simply click 'Reply' for clarification or additional information, if needed, at no additional charge.Kind regards,Terri
Expert:  Terri replied 7 months ago.
How is Miss Bits doing? Do you have more questions about her or the flea shampoo?
Expert:  Terri replied 7 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Terri