Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.

Customer: ***** ***** Wolf here. I have a 10 month old cat

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** Wolf here. I have a 10 month old cat that was a friend of mines and when my friend had to leave the cat went down hill fast. The first week the cat stayed with one of his friends but the friend said the cat wouldn't eat or drink so I went and got him. I have had him for a month . He is skin and bones. He does eat some and I give him pedialite and some vet meds through his mouth. He is starting to loose control of his functions. The vet really couldn't tell us what was happening. Any suggestions. I have also been giving him small amounts of Amoxscillin. He just lays on the floor. It's sad considering he was so active. and I mean he was crazy active until the first week of Marck
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: It sounds like grinding when he eats soft food. He looks like he's going to die but he keeps on breathing and we keep trying to save him. He has always been an indoor cat. Never outside.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $19) to post your type of question to Cat Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: What is the payment method
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Cat
Expert:  Joan replied 6 months ago.
Hello,My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 30+ years. I would love to assist you but need to gather some information.Can you tell me if the Vet did blood work and X rays?What type of diet are you feeding?Have you tried any people food?Any yellowing of the eyes or skin?Joan