Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.

Customer: , lethargic, temperature of 41 degrees, won't

Customer Question

Customer: Hello, lethargic, temperature of 41 degrees, won't eat, won't drink
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. It could be an infection. The Veterinarian will know what to do. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: Pippin, 1 year old
JA: Anything else I can tell the Veterinarian before I connect you two?
Customer: She has just had kittens a week ago
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Cat
Expert:  Terri replied 6 months ago.
Hello,I am sorry Pippin is not feeling well.Are the kittens happy and nursing?Does Pippin have an odorous discharge?What and when did she eat last?After your reply please give me a few minutes to type detailed answer.Kind regards,Terri
Expert:  Terri replied 6 months ago.
I am quite concerned for Pippin. 41c is about 105.6f. A cats normal temp is 100 - 102.5.She may have dangerous uterine infection called Pyometra. can apply a cold compress to her tummy and pads to bring down her temp BUT she MUST be seen by a vet ASAP- IMMEDIATELY to save her life.Please let me know how she is doing.I hope all will be well.Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback; that is the only way I receive credit for my assistance. Thank you very much!Providing a positive rating will not end our conversation, should you need me for any follow-up. Simply click 'Reply' for clarification or additional information, if needed, at no additional charge.Kind regards,Terri
Expert:  Terri replied 6 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?