PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Experience:  15 yrs experience in vet med, 8 in emergency med. Founder of a non-profit animal rescue

My family's cat was hit by a car ( we believe ) he is in good

Customer Question

My family's cat was hit by a car ( we believe ) he is in good shape but we believe he broke either his femur or pelvis or maybe just got his muscles a little torn. I am leaning towards femur because he is willing to put weight on one leg and not the other also when it is palpated the quadriceps feel a bit farther separated the rest of his muscles. There is no obviously paplpable break as far as i can feel. The problem is my family cant afford to have anything done we ended up spending almost 4000 on another of our cats who needed his leg amputated after he got attacked by an animal ( they are outdoor cats). Whay can we do for him and what is the likely hood it might heal on its own?
Category: Cat
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 6 months ago.
Do you have video of him walking?