PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Experience:  15 yrs experience in vet med, 8 in emergency med. Founder of a non-profit animal rescue

Help please. My cat is limp and lying lifeless but breathing

Customer Question

Hi help please. My cat is limp and lying lifeless but breathing like she's in shock. Is she dying or should I send her to the vet?
Category: Cat
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 6 months ago.
Erin, thanks for your question. If she is limp and lifeless, the best approach is to take her immediately to an ER facility for emergency care. There is very little that we can do through the computer when they are that critical and it would be best that she be in the caring hands of a skilled veterinarian. If you need help finding a veterinarian that is open, reply with your city, state and zip code. Once you're satisfied with our dialogue, please take the time to issue a rating for me so that I am compensated for helping you today.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
But it's going to be at least $200 for the she dying????
If she is limp and lifeless, there's a good chance that this could be a life threatening situation for her and, yes, she could be dying.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
That's the same answer I got by googling it. To take her to the E.R. Of course I would have done that but It would have been way too expensive. I had to just let her pass. She has since stopped breathing. Now I have to get her cremated and that's going to be expensive too.
I'm sorry to hear of your girl's passing, Erin. There's no method of humane euthanasia available to the general public that we can recommend. And going to the ER is never cheap, no matter what you're there for. Alternately, you could bury her, if you're in an area that permits this. This may help to save some money, as well.