Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.

Customer: Wobbling in back legs, does not seem to want to eat

Customer Question

Customer: Wobbling in back legs, does not seem to want to eat MUCH, drinks lots of water, vet checked her over and said MAY be thyroid. She is on meds 17 years old - this happened overnight.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Did the cat have a fall?
Customer: No is active and indoor only
JA: The Veterinarian will know what to do. What is the cat's name?
Customer: Amber
JA: Anything else I can tell the Veterinarian before I connect you two?
Customer: No - she had a few periods of her whole body shaking last week - could this be connected
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Cat
Expert:  Terri replied 6 months ago.
Hello,I am sorry Amber has this trouble.Can I please have more information?What medication is she taking?What foods does she eat?Was a T 4 test for hyperthyroid done?What other bloodwork was done? Any test for diabetes or renal failure?After your reply please give me a few minutes to type detailed answer.Thanks,Terri
Expert:  Terri replied 6 months ago.
Hello,I was hoping to hear back from you so we could talk about Amber.Her symptoms can be caused by low potassium. Hypokalemia can cause muscle weakness and tremors. neuropathy is also possible. Hyperthyroid can also be the culprit. should be tested for these and renal failure because that too can deplete potassium.All of these are highly treatable.Please let me know what is found and how she is doing.Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback; that is the only way I receive credit for my assistance. Thank you very much!Providing a positive rating will not end our conversation, should you need me for any follow-up. Simply click 'Reply' for clarification or additional information, if needed, at no additional charge.Kind regards,Terri