Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.

Customer: my cat is 5 years old and was the runt of the litter

Customer Question

Customer: my cat is 5 years old and was the runt of the litter and has always been small, and has always gagged on occasion but for the past 2 months she vomits after eating. Now she is nothing but skin and bones. Does not act sick but constantly wants to sit on my lap. I have tried everything I know and nothing has helped. This all started after her brother was killed. Can you please help. Thank youl
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: my cat is so skinny. she is nothing but skin and bone. I am afraid I will lose her. She eats some dry food but nothing stays down. What can I do.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $19) to post your type of question to Cat Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Cat
Expert:  Terri replied 6 months ago.
Hello,I am so sorry you lost a kitty. Cats grieve just like people so I am sure your girl misses her brother.Let's pick up all dry food and any wet with chunks, pieces or shreds. We are going to feed her smooth, pate canned food in very small, frequent meals to slowly put weight on her.In addition, add one quarter of a ten mg pepcid a/c (famotidine) a tablespoon of chicken baby food (no onion or garlic) every 12 hours to stop her vomiting.Please let me know how she does on this program.Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback; that is the only way I receive credit for my assistance. Thank you very much!Providing a positive rating will not end our conversation, should you need me for any follow-up. Simply click 'Reply' for clarification or additional information, if needed, at no additional charge.Kind regards,Terri
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Terri I appreciate your response. I did think of giving her Pepcid but was unsure of myself. I will start buying baby food, that makes sense to me now. I will keep you updated on my little Phyllis. Thank you again. Mandy
Expert:  Terri replied 6 months ago.
Dear *****,You are more than welcome. It is my pleasure to help such a wonderful person!Please do keep me updated on sweet Phyllis.Please be so kind as to rate my answer so I am credited by the site.Rating will not close our conversation. I will still be here for you and your fur baby at no additional charge.Love,Terri
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I want to update you on my little Phyllis. She passed but your advise helped but I think her little body was not strong enough to fight. I personally think she died of a broken heart after her brother got killed. Thank you again.
Expert:  Terri replied 5 months ago.
Dear *****,I am so sorry to hear such sad news about sweet Phyllis. My heart is breaking and I am typing this through my tears.You are more than welcome for my help. I just wish we could have saved her.If you ever want to talk just write and I will be here for you.Love,Terri