PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Experience:  15 yrs experience in vet med, 8 in emergency med. Founder of a non-profit animal rescue
8538164

Customer: ***** *****, my issue is that I have a cat with a

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****, my issue is that I have a cat with a polyp
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: she is making a snorting sound and it appears to have affected one eye she has a soft lump between the eyes. can you tell me how much surgery is in NJ?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $19) to post your type of question to Cat Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Cat
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 8 months ago.
Hi Customer, thanks for your question. Did you mean that the lump is between her eyes or ears? Can you give me more information about any diagnostics you've had performed?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
There is a soft lump between the eyes
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
She was being treated for a respiratory infection but have had reoccurring ear infections for the past several years. The snorting sound has become worst and lump is causing the left eye to bulge a little. I would like to know how much the surgery would cost to remove the polyp
Do you have a picture of this lump? Have any diagnostics been performed on this area? Perhaps a fine needle aspirate performed by your vet to determine the cause?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
My vet wants to send her to a specialist, but I want to know financially what the cost would be as I just cannot afford a 2000 vet bill right now
If you can give me more information such as any diagnostics perform and even a picture I may be better able to assist you in determining what should be done. Has your vet mentioned CareCredit or a similar option to help pay the bill ahead of time?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Yes I have care credit, but not enough. She's hiding so it's hard to get a picture. I've made an appt, but wanted to get a round about cost
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
What other similar options
It really depends on what testing they will want to do.For soft tissue masses, the vet will likely want to start with an exam and possibly a fine needle aspirate to see what kinds of cells are present. If this is a mass that looks like it could be of a more pressing nature, the specialist may not approach it in this manner. And may opt, instead, to do a removal and histopathology. If there's a risk that the mass may be present through the bone and into the nasal passages, x-rays and/or an MRI may be needed. Most of the basic diagnostics should be under the $500 mark, but the more in-depth workup such as adding on an MRI and mass removal may fall closer to the $2000 mark. It may be worth the expense of paying for a physical exam at the specialist's office to get an idea of what they'd like to do and moving forward with more expensive diagnostics and procedures when you're better able to afford it. Most specialists don't take payments, but you may be able to get a credit line increase from CareCredit, as well.