Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.
437368

Customer: My cat is squatting like he needs to pee but is not.

Customer Question

Customer: My cat is squatting like he needs to pee but is not. He's never had an issue with spraying anywhere other than the litter box. His tail is twitching, but he does that often. He's also licking himself a lot.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the Veterinarian can help you. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: Tyson and he's almost 6
JA: Anything else I can tell the Veterinarian before I connect you two?
Customer: Not that I can think of
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Cat
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 8 months ago.
Hello and thank you for your question. It appears that the Expert you were hoping to speak with is not currently available. I have stepped in to assist you in their absence so that you have a prompt reply to your question. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?1) Is he squatting and unable to produce urine? 2) Is he peeing outside of the box? 3) When was his last normal bladder expression? 4) Still eating and drinking? I'm opening up the option for a phone call if you would rather discuss this over the phone. Urinary concerns can range from minor to major. Hopefully he's on the easier end where treatment will be simple.