Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.
437368

My cat has had a discharge from her left eye a while.

Customer Question

My cat has had a discharge from her left eye for quite a while. I know it has been at least a year but I thought it would be allergies. It has stopped then returned but is always only on her left eye. She is eating, playing, and using the litter like usual. Last November I took her to an emergency vet for not eating that said she had a problem with her gi. They gave her a shot so it was gone within a day but the eye problem is still there
Category: Cat
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 8 months ago.
Hi Jennifer! Thanks for your question. I'll be happy to help you figure out what's going on with your JBob, Precious. Can you answer some additional questions for me? 1) Do you have a picture of the discharge? If not, can you describe color and consistency? 2) Have the allergy meds helped any? Does she have other symptoms? 3) Does she squint? 4) Any history of respiratory problems? Sniffles? Sneezes? Congestion?5) Do you have other cats with similar symptoms?