Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.
437368

Customer: JA: . How can we help? Customer: I am

Customer Question

Customer: Hi
JA: Hello. How can we help?
Customer: I am in tears my cat is almost 8 yrs old she has heavy eye discharge drools
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know what to do with the drooling. What is the cat's name?
Customer: Won't eat and pied on me a little
JA: Anything else I can tell the Veterinarian before I connect you two?
Customer: That's it and looks frail
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Customer: All in the matter of five days
Category: Cat
Expert:  Terri replied 1 year ago.
HelloI am sorry your kitty is not feeling well.This sounds like an allergic reaction.Or an upper respiratory infection.Give her one of these immediately:Benadryl at a dose of 1/2 of a 25 mg tablet given twice daily orChlorpheniramine at a dose of 2-4 mg twice a day orClaritin (Loratadine) at a dose of 2.5-5 mg/cat orZyrtec (cetirizine) 5 mg once or twice a dayIt is important to ensure that the formulations used contain ONLY the antihistamine and are not combination products (e.g. Claritin-D contains pseudoephedrine, which could cause very significant adverse effects in a cat).In addition, apply warm, damp teabag to her eyes. The tanic acid in the tea will sooth.Drain the water from a can of tuna into a bowl. See if she will lap it up for hydration. If she does offer some tuna.She can also have warm canned cat food or baby food with no onion or garlic. Warm the food to bring out the aroma. Please let me know how she is doing. I hope she feels better very soon. Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback; that is the only way I receive credit for my assistance. Thank you very much!Providing a positive rating will not end our conversation, should you need me for any follow-up. Simply click 'Reply' for clarification or additional information, if needed, at no additional charge.Kind regards,Terri
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Umm how do I give a pill to a cat? She freaked on me and with little energy she had almost tore my hand off and is hiding!!!!!
Expert:  Terri replied 1 year ago.
Do you have any tuna or baby food in the house?
Expert:  Terri replied 1 year ago.
I usually just add the pill to a tablespoon of chicken baby food and they snarf it right up.
Expert:  Terri replied 1 year ago.
How is she today?Were you able to give her an antihistamine?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tried everything with both tuna , tuna water, and baby chicken food, she licked them a bit and still not eating i am freaking out
Expert:  Terri replied 1 year ago.
OK add some warm water to thin the baby food to a gruel. Put the dropper or syringe in the side of her mouth where there is a space between her teeth.Slowly feed about a tablespoon an hour. Don't hold her like a human baby keep heron her tummy in a nursing position. Try to get a half a jar a day into her.
Expert:  Terri replied 1 year ago.
How is she today? Any better?
Expert:  Terri replied 1 year ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Terri