Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.
437368

Yes my cat is purring loudly but also is acting a bit strange. I don&#

Customer Question

Yes my cat is purring loudly but also is acting a bit strange. I don't know if he is ok 8r if I should rush to the vet. He acts like he has some type of discomfort because he see s to be having a difficult time getting cofy... but then again be is a jealous love and might simply be irritated because the dog jumped onto the bed earlier (because he's terrified of tunder). Also, I noticed he had a little bit of diareahia, but I had given a laxative as part of his mega colon routine. I also notice when I checked his box a few mins ago that he had pee on the pad in front of it and although already dry it was blood tinged. He threw up again tonigbu, as he seem to have been doing way more than usual for the past week and a half (maybe for two weeks) and I don't know if that his his diet... if it is too rich (solid white albacore tuna in water). I took his temp, it is 99. Please help me know what to do... should I travel to the neighboring town 45 miles to the vet tonight, which I am
Category: Cat
Expert:  Terri replied 8 months ago.
Hello Elizabeth,I am sorry you are worried. A cats temp runs from 100 - 102.5 so his is a tad low. Perhaps he is dehydrated or hypoglycemic. Rub a drop of pancake syrup or honey into his gums to raise his blood sugar.Drain the water from a can of tuna into a bowl and let him lap it up for hydration.It is fine for him to have tuna as long as he eats other things as well. Tuna does not contain taurine which is essential in a cats diet.If he has diarrhea add one tablespoon or rice cereal or boiled white rice to a jar of chicken baby food with no onion or garlic. Perhaps he is just stressed due to the dog, thunder or both.Please let me know how he is doing.Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback; that is the only way I receive credit for my assistance. Thank you very much!Providing a positive rating will not end our conversation, should you need me for any follow-up. Simply click 'Reply' for clarification or additional information, if needed, at no additional charge.Kind regards,Terri