Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.
437368

We first noticed that she was repeatedly making a

Customer Question

Customer: Yes, we first noticed that she was repeatedly making a grinding/crunching noise with her mouth, not just when eating or drinking but randomly and pretty often along with a lot of mouth movement (licking lips etc) just genuine discomfort. Since then, weve noticed a lot of lethargy and general withdrawn behavior. She isnt coming to eat and hasnt eaten her past three meals though she ate probably a small handful of food when i fed it to her piece by piece from my hand earlier today. She seems unable to meow or purr or too withdrawn, she usually talks and purrs often. She is nonresponsive when called and doesnt seem to care when picked up, moved around, etc which she usually would.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if And will be able to digest that. How old is And?
Customer: Shes about 13-14
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about And?
Customer: Annabelle is usually very social, at least with me because she is my cat and sleeps with me every night. We have gotten two new kittens recently, but she didnt seem to care that much.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Cat
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 11 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. It appears that the Expert you were hoping to speak with is not currently available. I have stepped in to assist you in their absence. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?

1) Has Annabelle ever had a dental cleaning performed?
2) When was her last blood work performed?
3) How often is she fed. That is, when you say that she hasn't eaten 3 meals, is that 1.5 days? 3 days? How long has it been since she ate a normal meal?
4) What do you normally feed her?
5) Is she drinking water?
6) Any vomiting or diarrhea?
7) How is her body condition? Is she fat and sassy or losing muscle mass with age?