PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Experience:  15 yrs experience in vet med, 8 in emergency med. Founder of a non-profit animal rescue

She is urinating a lot, Mimina 4 years, no,

Customer Question

Customer: She is urinating a lot
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: Mimina 4 years
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Mimina?
Customer: no
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Cat
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 7 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. It appears that the Expert you were hoping to speak with is not currently available. I have stepped in to assist you in their absence. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?

1) How long has this been going on?
2) How often is she urinating?
3) Still using the litter box regularly?
4) Is she drinking a lot?
5) When she does, are they normal sized clumps or small and frequent amounts?
6) Is Mimina spayed?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Today, she already urinate three times, she is using her litter box, she is drinking more than usual, she is spayed and she peeps small amounts

Thank you for the additional information. It will take me about 20 minutes to type out a detailed response for you. You are welcome to wait, if you would like. The website will also generate an email for you once I have responded and you can revisit the chat with a link included in the email. After reading my response, if you have questions, you’re welcome to respond and I will help you further. Otherwise, once you’re satisfied with our dialogue, please take the time to rate the assistance you’ve receive from me. This is how I will be compensated for my time.

Mimina is exhibiting many signs of a common affliction in cats: a urinary tract infection. The increased drinking can also indicate concern with her kidneys, so it would be wise to have lab work and a urinalysis performed to determine what is wrong.

To help with the burning sensation, you can add a few drops of pure cranberry juice to her food or water. It will take a few days to help her, but is quite effective.

Most often antibiotics are needed to effectively treat a UTI and, in some cases, a diet change may be needed. Most of these symptoms won't reside on their own and bladder infections tend to get worse with time, so addressing this early on will help to keep the expense down and the treatment time more abbreviated.

Once treatment has begun, it typically takes 3-5 days for the majority of symptoms to resolve and most cats are back to feeling 100% by the 10-14 days mark.

If my answer has helped you, please take the time today to leave positive feedback for me. This is the only way that I will be compensated for assisting you. Your satisfaction is my primary focus, so if questions remain please respond so that I may finish assisting you before you rate my service.