PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Experience:  15 yrs experience in vet med, 8 in emergency med. Founder of a non-profit animal rescue

My boyfriend spilled s alcohol and i think that my cat might

Customer Question

Customer: My name is ***** ***** boyfriend spilled his alcohol and i think that my cat might have ingested it.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: it would have been like, a little spot of jaeger
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $19) to post your type of question to Cat Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yeah
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Cat
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 7 months ago.

Good afternoon and thanks for your question.

When was this spilled? Is your cat exhibiting any odd behavior?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It would have been spilled last night but im worried it got in her food. i cant see her right now so im not sure if she is.

I'm sorry for the delay. Thanks for your response.

Most cats will not eat foods that have a strong liquor flavor. Chances are good that if she did consume any of it that it would not harm her if there were only a few drops. She may act drunken if enough was consumed and you'd likely see vomiting. I would clean her food dish, replace it with new food and monitor her for changes. If she'd had consumed any last night, you'd have already seen symptoms today.

If my answer has helped you, please take the time today to leave positive feedback for me. This is the only way that I will be compensated for assisting you. Your satisfaction is my primary focus, so if questions remain please respond so that I may finish assisting you before you rate my service.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?