Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.
437368

I lost my cat on 2/19, he was found and brought to a vet

Customer Question

Customer: I lost my cat on 2/19, he was found and brought to a vet office on 3/18. I was over joyed till i got hit with a 1700 bill. But hearing the doctor words, of my cats safety is first, he wants him to feel safe, etc,etc, I ordered blood work, xrays etc,etc everything for me to fork out the money, yestersay I was scheduled to pay the 1ast $250 and I was told, my cats blood work and xrays were horrible and addtional blood work had to be ordered to ruke out kidney failure. I called around and was told unless, bladderstones, and some other abnormalities not present in the urine it could be just the severe case of dhydration. I am suppose to go pick up Snowball this morning, he is brusies from being lost, has bloody cuts on him and looks battered. Im so debating to leave him in there Im not comfortable giving him shots at home since I do not have an addional 800 to pay
JA: The Veterinarian's require payment for their services. It's way less expensive on JustAnswer than face-to-face would cost.
Customer: yeah but i felt like 1700, i anticipated snowball would be cleanup a bit, given IV, and all the bells and tassles, now Im told for addtional blood work and boarding an addtional fee. When i suggested bringing Snowball to Huamne society clionic for affordable cost vet care, the doctor respojce naw there service is capoowhee. Im just nervous to bring Snowball home, mind you he had a respitory infection, fever and the severe dhydration, before snowball left his weight was 10.5 pounds, now he is 4.9, he looks scary and im nervous and stressed, and would like to feel more secure in giving him injections and whatever . Plus I have another cat in the housholds
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. I'm sure Around feels you are doing your best. Is Around bleeding a lot?
Customer: Well when i was at the vet yesterday, it appeared that they just wiped him down with a washcloth, he is still dirty and when i asked about the blood on the mat he was laying on because im thinking if i would habve to buy linen for him to slepp on or a cat bed, the vet told me " oh well you know he has been in fights with other cats", so I would say in my opion, its just cuts and scrapes cus the blood looks spotty
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Around?
Customer: im so glad to chat with u
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Cat
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No Snowball my cat was healthy until he went missing, now he has been rescued, he looks battered. I guess my question the day Snowball was found, I was told by the vet, He has a bad respiitory infection, Severly dehydrated and had a fever. They put him on IV hes wearing a cappiter , I was told he started moving around purring, and eating. However, since I do not have the addtional money for bloodwrok, I feel like the doctors attitude changed and i was advised yesterday to return today and bring him home and I could provide the injections and the antibotics and bring him back in 5 days for a check up
Expert:  Terri replied 8 months ago.

I am so sorry Snowball has been through much....poor baby!

Please tell me more about him:

What was he eating when he was home?
What medications will he be taking?
Does he have wounds or sores on his body?

Is he able to urinate and defecate?

After your reply please give me a few minutes to type detailed answer.

Thank you,

Terri