Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.
437368

I have a 3 week old kitten with an attached umbilical cord

Customer Question

Customer: I have a 3 week old kitten with an attached umbilical cord and a small protrusion at the belly. Should I leave it alone at this time and is there something I can do to get this to heal faster and get the cord to come off?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the cat's name?
Customer: no name yet, it is only 3 weeks old.
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the cat?
Customer: no
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Cat
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 8 months ago.

Hi and thanks for your question. It looks like the professional you were hoping to speak with is not currently available, so I have stepped in to help you in their absence. Do you have any pictures to show what you're seeing?