Rebecca, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinarian for more than 30 years
11877925

It seems as if the back of her spine was hurt and since then

Customer Question

Customer: It seems as if the back of her spine was hurt and since then she will not use the litter box and leaves poop balls around the house. At first, she would not eat or even move, but does both now.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: Snow is a year old.
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Snow?
Customer: No Ma'am.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Cat
Expert:  Rebecca replied 10 months ago.

I am sorry to hear about Snow's problems. My name is Rebecca. I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help.

Since I can't see and examine her, some additional information will help me to give you the best answer.

How long ago was she injured? Is she using the litter box to urinate; is it just feces she leaves around the house?

Is she walking normally now, on all four legs?

Was an Xray taken of her back when she was injured?

It sounds like she has a spinal injury, that may have caused damage to the nerves of her colon. She may not know she has to defecate, and so the feces just passes wherever she is. This kind of spinal injury can get better with time, but sometimes it does not. It is a good sign that she is showing signs of recovery by eating and moving better, so she might just need more time; nerves heal very slowly. There are medications that might help, such as prednisolone, if this is nerve injury.

Let me know a little more about her, and what other questions I can answer.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 10 months ago.

I hope you were able to seem my answer. Was this helpful? Do you have any more questions I can answer?