Joan, Vet Tech
Experience:  Vet Tech 35+ years working w/Cats

Cody going to the litter box very often 2-3 times in an

Customer Question

Cody going to the litter box very often 2-3 times in an hour? Maybe. He is eating and drinking. He is still playful and is not hiding
Category: Cat
Expert:  Joan replied 7 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 30+ years.

Is Cody urinating when going to the box?

Has he been going normally with urine?

Is he drinking excessively?

Has he passed a normal stool?

Does he seem to be straining when in the box?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Not sure it looks kinda dry. He has been drinking a lot. Stool looks different not logs but softer
Expert:  Joan replied 7 months ago.

My concern is if he is passing urine and if he is straining to do so. Male cats have a small urethra and can have a problem if it gets blocked. This can happen from Crystals in the Urine. If he does get blocked, it can be deadly because urine backs up and causes the bladder to rupture. This could also be an indication of a Urinary infection. I suggest that you run Cody into the Vet tomorrow and have him checked out. This is a common problem in male cats. You may also want them to check for diabetes with frequent urination and excessive drinking. It is not something you have to do tonight, unless he is blocked, but he does need to be looked at as soon as possible tomorrow.