PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Experience:  15 yrs experience in vet med, 8 in emergency med. Founder of a non-profit animal rescue
8538164

My 8-yr.-old neutered male cat is having a lot of trouble

Customer Question

My 8-yr.-old neutered male cat is having a lot of trouble breathing and is lethargic. Am unable to go to vet at this time. Did call his vet few hrs. ago, she said give 5 mg of prednisolone. He threw it up after about 15 mins when I was palpitating his bladder, so I redosed him. He's only worsened. Can I also give him Benadryl?! Please answer ASAP; he may be dying. His BPM is about 48, and he's wheezing and working hard to breathe!
Category: Cat
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 9 months ago.

Good evening, thanks for your question.

The dosage for benadryl for cats is 12.5-25mg two to three times each day.

If there's anything else we can help you with this evening, please let us know.

If my answer has helped you, please take the time today to leave positive feedback for me. This is the only way that I will be compensated for assisting you. Your satisfaction is my primary focus, so if questions remain please respond so that I may finish answering your question before you rate my service.