CVT_in_MN
CVT_in_MN, CVT
Experience:  Associates Degree in Veterinary Technology.
10413311

She is a stray that a friend was fostering. She is around

Customer Question

Customer: She is a stray that a friend was fostering. She is around 1...was spayed and was pregnant. I brought her to my boyfriend yesterday...her new home. She went 14 hours before urinationg...and has not pooped yet.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. We need to be extra careful with pregnancies, so we'll need to connect you with the Veterinarian ASAP. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about That a?
Customer: the kittens were early term and aborted when they spayed her
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Cat
Expert:  CVT_in_MN replied 1 year ago.

Hi there. My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help you with your question today.

What you're seeing is actually very normal when it comes to a companion animal coming into a new home.

Since she did urinate, we know that she knows where the litterbox is and will use it when the urge strikes her, so I wouldn't be too worried about things just yet.

I know it's hard to ignore her, but trying to force her to interact right now is likely to make her a bit more fearful than she already is in a new environment, so if this were me, I'd essentially ignore her and allow her to acclimate on her own. Make sure to monitor her food/water to ensure that she's eating and drinking, and check the litterbox from time to time to make sure she's using it.

I would expect her to be feeling more comfortable in a few days, so re-evaluate on Friday. If she still hasn't defecated, or if you haven't noticed her eating/drinking, then you should give your vet a call and have them take a peek at her, but I'm pretty confident that she'll be acting more 'normal' by the end of the week.

I hope this helps.

Expert:  CVT_in_MN replied 1 year ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
CVT_in_MN