Cher
Cher, Feline Specialist
Experience:  Feline Healthcare & Behavior Specialist 40+ years Experience
1470369

Artemis. I'm writing today because my 11 year old male cat

Customer Question

Hi Artemis. I'm writing today because my 11 year old male cat has started shaking when he breathes. Perhaps more like bracing. He will take a breath in and as he does his eyes close just slightly and his body shakes as though he is contracting his muscles. He is affectionate and social, sitting on my lap presently. He doesn't appear to have any other signs of outward distress but I'm concerned for him
Category: Cat
Expert:  Cher replied 9 months ago.

Hello, Brian.

The expert you requested is no longer active with the site. My name is ***** ***** I will be glad to be of help to you.

I'm sorry you are worried about Pachebel. From your description, it does sound like there may be a problem with his respiratory system, or it hurts him to breathe in, and that's why he's shaking and his muscles are tensing.

I'm glad to hear that he's eating, drinking, eliminating and acting normally, in all other respects; however, it would be advisable to have him evaluated by a vet in person, who will listen to his heart and lungs with a stethoscope and may run some tests (bloodwork, etc.) to find the basis of this shaking. Because he's a senior cat, any unusual behavior needs to be checked out as soon as possible, I'm sure you understand.

I hope all will be well with Pachebel and please let me know how he's doing and what the vet tells you. Thanks!

Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback; that is the only way I receive credit for my assistance. Thank you very much!

Providing a positive rating will not end our conversation, should you need me for any follow-up. Simply click 'Reply' for clarification or additional information, if needed, and I will be glad to continue.

Warmest regards,
Cher

Expert:  Cher replied 8 months ago.

Hi again, Brian.

I'm just checking in with you to see how Pachebel is doing now. I hope all is well.

Were you able to have him evaluated by a vet in person, to get a diagnosis and treatment, if necessary?

Please let me know his condition at this time and also, please take a moment to rate my answer positively, so I am compensated by the site for my assistance. Thank you!

Warmest wishes,

Cher