Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.
437368

Cat has a raw, bald patch under jaw on neck area, it looks

Customer Question

Customer: cat has a raw, bald patch under jaw on neck area, it looks to be getting bigger and now we noticed a sore above his left eye.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Using the wrong medication for fleas can be dangerous. You should definitely talk to the Veterinarian. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: Guiseppe, he is 2.5 years old
JA: Are you ready to speak with the Veterinarian now?
Customer: sure
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cat
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 9 months ago.

Hi Gord. Thanks for your question. It looks like the expert you were hoping to speak with is currently unavailable, so the website has allowed other experts to respond so you can get a faster response.

I'm sorry to hear that this is happening to Giuseppe. Can you tell me more about his situation?

1) How long have you had him?
2) Does he wear a collar?
3) Do you see any scratching of his neck or face?
4) Is he indoor only?
5) Is he neutered or intact?
6) I see flea medication mentioned above, what kind are you using?
7) Have you had flea problems in the past?