Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.
437368

Cat had dental work last week. We bought m home with

Customer Question

Customer: Cat had dental work last week. We bought him home with antibiotics and hwas given an injection at the vets. He's been absolutely fine until yesterday when all the symptoms returned. He won't eat as each time his mouth touches the bowl he flinches, he's pawing his mouth and its as if he's got something in his mouth
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: Ambrose, he's a neutered male
JA: How old is Ambrose?
Customer: Not sure, he was a stray but we think about8
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Ambrose?
Customer: No, he's normally healthy
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cat
Expert:  nekovet replied 1 year ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian & I would like to help you with your wee one today.

How long had he had these signs before the dental?

When was his last dose of Metacam?

Did he only have one tooth extracted? A full dental cleaning? Xrays of his mouth to ensure there were no retained tooth roots?