Cher
Cher, Feline Specialist
Experience:  Feline Healthcare & Behavior Specialist 40+ years Experience
1470369

My cat started spotting yesterday. She is very pregnant and

Customer Question

My cat started spotting yesterday. She is very pregnant and seems to be nesting but she has not had a single baby yet and I'm worried. How long do I wait for her before I take her in?
Category: Cat
Expert:  Cher replied 9 months ago.

Hi, Tifany and welcome!

What an exciting time! : )

If your girl seems to be nesting, that's great and a sign of impending labor; however, spotting is not normal before labor begins, so it would be best if you contacted your veterinarian asap, and/or bring her in, now. The spotting could be related to an emergency health situation, so you don't want to wait any longer to bring her in to be seen.

When she's in actual labor, you may see some slight bloody vaginal discharge along with the contractions, and that is normal.

I hope all will be well with your kitty and her litter!

Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback; that is the only way I receive credit for my assistance. Thank you very much!

Providing a positive rating will not end our conversation, should you need me for any follow-up. Simply click 'Reply' for clarification or additional information, if needed, and I will be glad to continue.

Warmest regards,
Cher

Expert:  Cher replied 9 months ago.

Hi again,

I just wanted to add this helpful information guide on what to expect during labor and delivery:

http://www.2ndchance.info/felinelabor.htm

Warmest wishes,

Cher