petdrz
petdrz, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in caring for dogs and cats.
21300550

Is there any way you could give us a prescription inhaler.

Customer Question

Is there any way you could give us a prescription for an inhaler. We can see a vet right now we have already spent almost $2000 on our cat and just to get the prescription will cost us a further $250. We have the x-rays and it is clear that he has asthma. His nose is almost white and he is now breathing through his mouth.
Category: Cat
Expert:  petdrz replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you and your pet today. I am a licensed veterinarian with over 25 years experience and would be happy work with you.

I am sorry to have to inform you, but this site is not the right forum for obtaining a prescription. Any of the experts on the site would not be able to provide what you are needing. I guess I am not sure why the vet that has provided the previous services for Lambo and took the xrays would not be able to write a prescription for him, but it sounds as if he is in serious need of meds and maybe even some hands on assistance. I would urge you to do what you can to help him get that as asthma is a serious condition.

I hope this is helpful. Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please reply so I can clarify for you.

My posted replies are for general education only and not meant as a diagnosis. Only after a thorough veterinary examination can a diagnosis for your pet be made and specific treatments be advised or medications be prescribed.

Dr Z