Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.
437368

My issue is regarding my cat, ***** *****. She is 5.5 years

Customer Question

Customer: Hi--My name is ***** ***** my issue is regarding my cat, ***** *****.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: She is 5.5 years old. We first took her in when she was about 3 months old from outside. She tested positive for Leukemia. Since then she has never showed a single sign of being sick (over 5 years and never one health concern) until about 2 weeks ago. She has always been a good eater and suddenly she stopped eating. We took her to the vet and she tested positive again for leukemia. That was 10 days ago. On day 1 we took her right when we noticed she wasn't being herself and also wasn't eating or drinking. Took her the vet and was given antibiotics and appetite stimulant. This did nothing and on the next day we took her in again to a new vet that specializes in cats. Her blood count came back at 20, but blood work for everything else looked good. So we knew she was anemic. Still not eating or drinking anything at all. We tried to force feed her, but she gets really stressed out and starts panting sometimes. At that vet visit she got a shot of steriods and vitamin b12.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $19) to post your type of question to Cat Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Sure, I'll continue to type her outline of events. How long?
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Cat
Expert:  Doc Sara replied 9 months ago.

Hi there, I'm Dr. Sara. I'm sorry to hear that your kitty is now ill - I definitely suspect that this is the leukemia finally beginning to show. I see that you mentioned that there may be more to your story and question - go ahead and type what you'd like me to know and what questions you have in as a reply and I'll let you know what I think.

~Dr. Sara