Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.
437368

I run a rescue. Two previously outdoor colony cats who spent

Customer Question

Customer: I run a rescue. Two previously outdoor colony cats who spent the last 6 weeks huddling together in a small hidey hole have developed what looks like scrapes or sores on their bodies.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the cat's name?
Customer: There are two of them. Brownie and Rebel
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Brownie?
Customer: he is a fairly young DSH cat.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cat
Expert:  Terri replied 9 months ago.

Bless you for rescuing! I m sorry the fur babies are hurt.

Do you have any idea what caused the scrapes? Are they bleeding?

Is there any chance it could be ringworm?

Use the paper clip icon to post a picture.

After your reply please give me a few minutes to type detailed answer.

Thanks,

Terri

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I'm wondering if they are pressure sores of a sort since the cats were piled on top of each other almost 24/7 for several weeks. They've finally separated, and are lounging separately, but both have a bunch of these sores on their bodies. It's not ringworm. At least I'm pretty sure it's not because the lesions vary in shape and are much larger than ringworm. They aren't bleeding, but some are crusted over/scabbed. They seem moist. I am not at Catmandu right now, so can't send a pic right this minute. I will get one later today and attach it.
Expert:  Terri replied 9 months ago.

Thanks so much for your very helpful reply.

Get some raw honey and apply to to the sores. It is an amazing healing agent, safe to ingest Reapply as needed a few times a day.

http://winterparkhoney.ecrater.com/p/4865201/16-oz-melaleuca-honey-raw-unheated

http://oramanukahoney.com.au/animal_care.html

If possible keep them indoors till they heal up.

Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback; that is the only way I receive credit for my assistance. Thank you very much!

Providing a positive rating will not end our conversation, should you need me for any follow-up. Simply click 'Reply' for clarification or additional information, if needed, at no additional charge.

Kind regards,

Terri