PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Experience:  15 yrs experience in vet med, 8 in emergency med. Founder of a non-profit animal rescue
8538164

Today i was cooking and my cat Kenzo jumped on the stove.it

Customer Question

Customer: today i was cooking and my cat Kenzo jumped on the stove.it was on medium and one of his pads has completely peeled. i have cleaned it thoroughly cleaned it.
JA: I'm sure Kenzo feels you are doing your best. What is the matter with Kenzo?
Customer: his one pad on his foot got burnt and has peeled off
JA: How old is Kenzo?
Customer: 10 months
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Kenzo?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. Do you think this is urgent?
Customer: he seems okay...i just feel worried for him..he has let me inspect it and doesn't seem to have lost any mobility
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two. I'll let you know when it is your turn.
Category: Cat
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 1 year ago.

Good evening, thanks for your question.

It's actually not uncommon for cats to jump on the stove (and, unfortunately, manny of them don't learn their lesson and go on to make the same mistake again). If he's not lost any ability to walk, this is an excellent sign that he may not need any further care. If he begins to favor the limp or lick the pad incessantly, you'll want to take him to your vet to have the foot not only examined put potentially bandaged so that he can walk. I wouldn't go this far unless he actually starts to have problems with the injury, as many cats heal just fine after a burn of this variety. Hopefully he won't be repeating this anytime soon.

If my answer has helped you, please take the time to leave positive feedback. This is how experts are compensated for their time with each customer. If questions remain, reply and I will help you further.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
PitRottMommy