Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.
437368

My cat seems to have a sudden loss of appetite and I noticed

Customer Question

Customer: My cat seems to have a sudden loss of appetite and I noticed recently he started to lick the roof of his mouth at odd times IE not after meals. Thoughts?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: He seems to suffer from a sensitive stomach issue as I have him on a special digestive dry cat food now
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $19) to post your type of question to Cat Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: what is the wait time and how is the fee paid?
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Cat
Expert:  Terri replied 10 months ago.

I am sorry your boy is having trouble.Licking roof of mouth can indicate pain or discomfort.

He may have a stuck item,sore, bad tooth or be nauseated.

Look at the area with a magnifying glass to see if there is an issue.

If he is nauseated add one quarter of a ten mg pepcid A/C (famotidine) to a tablespoon of baby food chicken with no onion or garlic.

http://www.1800petmeds.com/Famotidine-prod11171.html

Feed him only baby food or smooth pate canned cat food until he feels better.Warm the food to bring out the aroma Dry is hard and irritating to his mouth.

Please let me know how he is doing.

Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback; that is the only way I receive credit for my assistance. Thank you very much!

Providing a positive rating will not end our conversation, should you need me for any follow-up. Simply click 'Reply' for clarification or additional information, if needed, at no additional charge.

Kind regards,

Terri

Expert:  Terri replied 10 months ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Terri