Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.
437368

My cat is is 15 years old, has a cataract in s left eye, and

Customer Question

Customer: My cat is is 15 years old, has a cataract in his left eye, and today he is squinting and it turned completely black
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Changed in overall color
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $19) to post your type of question to Cat Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Cat
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 10 months ago.

Good evening, thanks for your question. The expert you were hoping to reach is not currently available. I have stepped in to help you in their absence.

Do you happen to have a clear photo of what you're seeing in your cat's eye?

Expert:  Dr. Amanda replied 10 months ago.

My name is***** and I will try to help you this evening. Are you online right now so that I can ask you a few more questions about your kitty's eye?

-can you shine a very bright light into the eye? Can you see the iris (the colored part of the eye)?

-does the pupil change shape when you shine the light in the eye?

-is the eyeball itself the same original round shape or does is appear lumpy or irregular?

-is there any drainage from around the eye?

Please let me know the answers to these question and if possible attach a picture of the eye so that I can see what is going on. You can use the paperclip button at the top of the typing box to attach photos.

Thanks,

Dr. Amanda