Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.
437368

I have a 15 lb cat that hurt s leg years ago and now cannot

Customer Question

Customer: I have a 15 lb cat that hurt his leg years ago and now cannot walk on it. He is in bad shape is there something I can do to help his pain.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I think he jumped down off a a seat and may have hurt it worse.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $19) to post your type of question to Cat Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Cat
Expert:  Terri replied 10 months ago.

I am sorry your boy is having trouble.

Many times when there s an injury the limb becomes arthritic.

Cats cannot take human OTC's but there are ways you can help.

He can take a glcosimine supplement:

http://www.nutramaxlabs.com/products-by-health-type/by-type/joint-bone-animal-health-products/what-is-dasuquin

http://www.marvistavet.com/html/body_arthritis___joint_disease_cent.html

www.catinfo.org

Canned food is also excellent for arthritis. You can add one eighth of a teaspoon of turmeric every day. It is an anti-inflammatory.

You can make warm compresses by adding raw rice to a sock, tie the top and warm in microwave. Apply for 3 minute intervals. Gentle massage will help because it brings fresh blood to the surface.

Please let me know how he is doing.

Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback; that is the only way I receive credit for my assistance. Thank you very much!

Providing a positive rating will not end our conversation, should you need me for any follow-up. Simply click 'Reply' for clarification or additional information, if needed, at no additional charge.

Kind regards,

Terri