Cher
Cher, Feline Specialist
Experience:  Feline Healthcare & Behavior Specialist 40+ years Experience
1470369

My senior cat sleeps on the bed with me. I worry that she is

Customer Question

My senior cat sleeps on the bed with me. I worry that she is cold. She won't get under the covers or sleep under a cat blanket I have for her. She is a reformed barn cat, been indoors only 2 years
Category: Cat
Expert:  Cher replied 10 months ago.

Hi, Sally and welcome!

Don't worry that your cat is cold. She has a fur coat to keep her warm, and if she sleeps on the bed with you, she is also getting warmth from your body. Most cats do not like to be 'covered' and if she were uncomfortably cold, she would burrow under the covers with you or seek out a warmer place in the house to sleep, perhaps near a radiator, etc.

I hope this helped, but, please let me know if you have any other questions about your kitty being warm enough.

Please click 'rate my service' and choose a positive rating, as that is the only way I am compensated for my assistance. Thank you very much!

Warmest regards,

Cher

Expert:  Cher replied 10 months ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about Sally Hale. How is everything going?
Cher
Expert:  Cher replied 10 months ago.

Hi again, Sally.

I'm just checking in with you to see how everything is going with your furry girl. Please let me know how she's doing and if you found my answer helpful. Thank you very much!

Warmest regards,

Cher