Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.
437368

My cat has been prescribed loxicom after being operated on

Customer Question

Customer: my cat has been prescribed loxicom after being operated on for a intestinal cancer. she has also been prescribed temgesic for pain but won't take it because of the very bitter taste. we cannot get in contact with our vet at the moment and Ineed some advice on whether loxicom is sufficient enough for pain relief. thank you
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: she is 3.7 kg. she has been diagnosed with intestinal lymphoma.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $19) to post your type of question to Cat Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Cat
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 11 months ago.

Good evening, thanks for your question.

The Loxicom you have available is an NSAID and will not greatly help with discomfort associated with the intestinal lymphoma. The Temgesic is more ideal for treating pain of that variety. The temgesic, do you have the sublingual tablets available--is that what they sent you home with?