Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.
437368

A friend on facebook says her cat ate some food that made

Customer Question

Customer: a friend on facebook says her cat ate some food that made her very sick. He is walking backwards, won't eat and cannot urinate. Vets in her area (***** *****, Ohio) are closed until Monday. I advised her to look for a 24/7 animal hospital asap. any other advice would be appreciated!
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I asked the woman to call me, but she hasn't yet. It's a male, not a female.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $19) to post your type of question to Cat Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Cat
Expert:  Terri replied 11 months ago.

Hello and happy new year,

I am sorry your friends cat is ill. When a male cat cannot urinate that is A MEDICAL EMERGENCY!

You are very kind to help her! Bless you!

May I please have your friends zip code so I can locate ER vet?

Thanks,

Terri

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It is 60 miles away and $140 and she can't afford it, so she's out of luck. Thanks anyway.
Expert:  Terri replied 11 months ago.

Tell her to immerse his lower end in warm water for ten minutes as sometimes it brings on urination.

What else is wrong with him?In what ways did the food make him sick?

I hope he will be OK......sending prayers.

Expert:  Terri replied 11 months ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Terri