Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.
437368

My name is ***** *****. My 15 year old male neutered cat was

Customer Question

Customer: My name is ***** *****. My 15 year old male neutered cat was at the ER earlier today because he was walking funny (hunched), didn't eat or take his pill for his hyperthyroidism which he usually eats up in a Pill Pocket with no issue. Vet could not find anything wrong and cat just ate a bit and drank some water but he's walking with his legs/back hunched and acting skittish which he never is.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The vet gave him a pain shot and a shot of Covenia (a long acting antibiotic) and sent me home and said to keep an eye on him. Vet could not find any injury, absess, nothing. But he is walking worse tonight than he was this morning.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $19) to post your type of question to Cat Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Cat
Expert:  Terri replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry your boy is not feeling well and you did not receive an answer last night.

Can I please have more information about your boy?

Is he able too urinate?

Has he been outdoors?

What and when did he eat last?

Does he have any other medical issues besides hyperthyroid?

After your reply please give me a few minutes to type detailed answer or if you prefer we can speak on the phone.

Thanks,

Terri