Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.
437368

My name is tracey I got a cat she pregnant she only 19

Customer Question

Hi my name is ***** ***** got a cat she pregnant she only 19 months old she is discharging green all the time but she eating drinking to could she be in. Labour ?
Category: Cat
Expert:  Terri replied 11 months ago.

Hi Tracey and Happy new year,

I am sorry you are worried about Priscilla.

Do you have any idea when she was bred?

Do her nipples look quite pink?

After your reply please give me a few minutes to type detailed answer.

Kind regards,

Terri

Expert:  Terri replied 11 months ago.

Dear Tracey,

A green discharge can indicate Priscilla will deliver within days.

However, if it is odorous and or she has a fever, she could have a serious infection called pyometra:
http://www.marvistavet.com/html/body_pyometra.html

Cats have two uterine horns so mommy can have kittens in each.The nursing by the first baby should bring on further contractions so you want to encourage that. Also allow her to eat the afterbirth as that brings on contractions as well

It can actually take 30 hours or more for a cat to complete a four kitten(average) delivery. When she is done she will want to eat as they feel starved. She CAN have more up to 30 hours later.

A cats appetite is the best barometer of her health because if they are sick or in pain, they will not eat.However, it is normal to stop eating 24 hours prior to labor.

The babies happy and nursing indicates she is producing good milk.

I would not worry unless she appears upset,has pale gums, seems in pain, has an odorous discharge or another several hours goes by with obvious labor and no production of babies. Otherwise she should be fine.

Sometimes cats can develop uterine infection, the symptoms are:

pain, fever, odorous discharge, in appetite and pale gums.

Please let me know how Priscilla is doing and when she gives birth.

Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback; that is the only way I receive credit for my assistance. Thank you very much!

Providing a positive rating will not end our conversation, should you need me for any follow-up. Simply click 'Reply' for clarification or additional information, if needed, at no additional charge.

Kind regards,

Terri

Expert:  Terri replied 11 months ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about Priscilla. How is everything going?
Terri