Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.
437368

Indoor cat, approx 4-5 yrs old is suddenly having difficulty

Customer Question

Customer: Indoor cat, approx 4-5 yrs old is suddenly having difficulty walking, appears 'dizzy'. Presentation was sudden and no exposure to any chemicals at all. Does NOT go outside. I've ruled out seizure due to epilepsy because she is still like this 4 hours later. I'm hoping inner ear disease but cannot get her to my vet until tomorrow.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Healthy cat...she tried to jump on kuranda tower, but cant. No chronic or acute disease. The last time Revolution was applied was 6 weeks ago.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $19) to post your type of question to Cat Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: I must leave for Louisville to place rescue dog, will ck back later. $19 is fine.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Cat
Expert:  Terri replied 11 months ago.

I am sorry your girl is not feeling well.

Bless you for doing rescue work!

Has she had a recent ear infection or had her ears cleaned?

It does sound like a vesibular disorder.This is similar to human motion sickeness. It can make her feel dizzy and disoriented.

http://www.marvistavet.com/html/body_vestibular_disease.html

You can give her 12.5 mg of dramamine to relieve the symptoms.

Please let me know if that helps her feel better.

Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback; that is the only way I receive credit for my assistance. Thank you very much!

Providing a positive rating will not end our conversation, should you need me for any follow-up. Simply click 'Reply' for clarification or additional information, if needed, at no additional charge.

Kindest regards,

Terri

Expert:  Terri replied 11 months ago.

The dramamine should relieve her symptoms. However,she will require an antibiotic to clear up the ear infection.

Please let me know how she is later.

Expert:  Terri replied 11 months ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Terri