Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.
437368

This morning I woke up and noticed my cat wasn't sleeping

Customer Question

This morning I woke up and noticed my cat wasn't sleeping with me. He usually comes in around 2 or 3 am and sleeps on me. I got up looking for him around 6:40am and couldn't find him and then I noticed he came up stairs he had been down stairs which is unusual because it's cold down there right now and he normally is with me. And I also noticed he was kind of pacing around and acted like he was hearing something that was keeping him on edge a little. I fed him some canned food with warm water in it and he ate fast he didn't eat it all which he never does. The he went to a closet where I keep linens and towels I. It and meowed at the door until I opened it. He smelled around and that was it.i talked him into coming and laying down with me for an hour or so. Then we ate breakfast and I gave him a little bacon he likes it. After he ate he went back down stairs in the cold room again. He was down there for two or three hours I guess he was sleeping. He is still purring for me and that seems to settle him down.
Category: Cat
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry to hear you are worried about Topcat. My name is Rebecca. I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help.

I am sorry you did not get help from an expert before now. How is he doing now? Do you still need help with him?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He is acting normal. I think something like a mouse may have gotten in the home. Because all day yesterday he wanted the linen closet door open that had shelving. He slept with me all night and is very calm and purring. He is laying on me right now sleeping on purring.
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.

I am glad to hear all is well. Thanks for getting back to me. Let me know if I can help with anything else. I guess he was doing his job on mouse control!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for answering me.
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.

You are welcome!