Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.
437368

My cat has been bleeding from the mouth after eating. She

Customer Question

Hello, My cat has been bleeding from the mouth after eating. She paws at her face and cries while blood comes out and covers her front paws. Usually lasts a few minuted and then goes away and she cleans herself up. Not sure if it is a bad tooth or something else as it is hard to see in there.
Category: Cat
Expert:  Terri replied 11 months ago.

Hi Kimberly and merry Christmas,

I am sorry Shimmer has this trouble.

It is either gingivitis, an abscessed tooth, oral sore or resorptive lesion.

For more information on Feline Resorptive lesions, please visit the following links:

http://www.veterinarydental.com/veterinarians/forls.php

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feline_odontoclastic_resorptive_lesion

Some of these things are not visible to the naked eye however you should take a look in case she has a stuck item

Check under tongue and roof of mouth.

She is not in immediate danger as long as she is still eating. It is a good idea to pick up any dry food and feed smooth pate canned until she can be seen after the holiday.

Please let me know how she is doing. Reply here or if you prefer we can speak on the phone.

Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback; that is the only way I receive credit for my assistance. Thank you very much!

Providing a positive rating will not end our conversation, should you need me for any follow-up. Simply click 'Reply' for clarification or additional information, if needed, at no additional charge.

Love,

Terri

Expert:  Terri replied 11 months ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about Shimmer. How is everything going?
Terri